|Urban Sanctuary was voted Best Day Spa in Athens.|
The beauty and health enhancing benefits of eating a variety of fresh foods are plentiful. Many fruits, grains, protein rich foods, herbs and vegetables are known for providing a healthy dose of energy, brain power and immune system support. In addition to healthy fats, fiber and Vitamin C, many foods contain vitamins and minerals which help repair the body, boost circulation, hydrate your skin and relieve pain. You are probably eating many of these wonderful health and beauty enhancing foods already! Here are details about six of them:
- Avocado – is rich in healthy fats that improve your skin’s luster, your joint health and cause your hair to shine.
- Yogurt – contains healthy strains of bacteria, which restores intestinal health and strengthens immunity. A healthy gut creates a radiant face, vibrant energy and clear eyes.
- Strawberries – help prevent wrinkles and hair breakage. They are rich in nutrients and vitamins that strengthen hair, skin, teeth and nails. Also, strawberries can boost elimination.
- Blueberries – soften the skin and help build collagen, in turn creating a youthful glow. They are great for stabilizing blood sugar levels and balancing metabolism.
- Greens – leafy greens contain vitamins and nutrients such as beta carotene and Vitamin C, which help prevent sun damage and produce collagen to keep skin, teeth, and hair healthy, strong and beautiful.
- Purple Foods – such as cabbage, beets, red onions and grapes, contain a flavonoid rich pigment which improves circulation, heals inflammation and detoxes the body, creating a vibrant beauty.
In addition to the foods named above, there are many others that enhance over-all beauty and health. Spices such as cinnamon, turmeric, garlic, cayenne pepper, curry and ginger are great for circulation, immunity and for healing inflammation. Regular doses of these spices will help maintain a glowing complexion and clear eyes.
Please call 706-613-3947 or write [email protected] to add to our list of beauty enhancing foods.
|Urban Sanctuary is open 7 days a week in Athens, Georgia.|